Highland Park High School
The URL http://picasaweb.google.com no longer brings you to Picasa Web Albums but instead redirects you to Google+ Photos. As described by the Google Operating System Blog, which is unaffiliated with Google, you have to enter the URL https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos?noredirect=1 to sneak back into Picasa Web Albums.
You only need to enter that URL once, though. After you use it the first time, Google sets a cookie that turns off the redirection. So you can then go back to using http://picasaweb.google.com to access your Picasa photo album page.
To go to the photos
Access using email@example.com; password=giants1234
FROM PICASA HELP
A. Upload to Picasa Web Albums: Upload using Picasa
- Select the photos you'd like to upload.
- Once you've selected all of your photos, click the Upload button in the Photo Tray.
- Sign in to your Google Account for Picasa Web Albums.
- Choose your upload settings:
- Click the Upload button. The Upload Manager will appear and show you the status of the upload.
When the upload is complete, click the View Online button in the Upload Manager to go directly to the web album in your browser.
Downloading Albums and Photos: Download from album
You can download individual photos and entire albums onto your computer from Picasa Web Albums.
Important download notes:
- To download entire albums from Picasa Web Albums, Picasa must be installed on your computer.
- If you'd like to download an entire album from another user, the album owner must enable 'Allow any visitor to download my photos' on the Privacy and Permissions tab of the Settings page.
- Mac users: You can also use the Picasa Web Albums Uploader to download entire albums that belong to you. Learn more.
Download an individual photo:
- While viewing the photo you'd like to download, click the Download menu above the photo.
- Select Download Photo.
- In the window that appears, select Save File.
- Click OK.
Download an entire album:
- From the gallery, click the album you'd like to download.
- From the Download menu above your photos, select Download to Picasa.
- In Picasa, if you're not signed in to your Google Account for Picasa Web Albums, you'll be prompted to do so.
- In the window that appears, click the Download button.
Albums downloaded from your own account will appear in the 'Web Albums' collection, while albums downloaded from friends and family will be visible in the 'Downloaded Albums' collection. All albums download from Picasa Web Albums are saved to your computer to the following location:
- Windows: My Documents\My Pictures\Downloaded Albums
- Mac: Pictures\Downloaded Albums
FOR MAC USERS
In addition to uploading from Picasa, Mac users have several options for uploading photos or videos to Picasa Web Albums:
- The Picasa Web Albums iPhoto Exporter: Use this iPhoto plug-in to upload your photos directly from iPhoto. If you have iPhoto '08+, you can also upload your videos. Learn how to use the iPhoto Exporter.
- The Picasa Web Albums Mac Uploader: This standalone application allows you to upload all photos and videos on your Mac OS hard drive (not just iPhotos) to Picasa Web Albums. If you don't use iPhoto, or want a few more features, this one's for you. You can add captions before you upload and also download entire albums from Picasa Web Albums. Learn how to use the Mac Uploader.
To download our Mac Uploaders, please visit http://picasa.google.com/web/mac_tools.html and click 'Download Now.' The download and installer package includes both the iPhoto Exporter and the Mac Uploader. It's important to note that the iPhoto application must be located in the /Applications folder during installation of the iPhoto Exporter.
If you prefer not to download Picasa or one of our Mac uploaders, you can also visit http://picasaweb.google.com/ to upload photos individually with your web browser.